LAST UPDATED: MAY 25, 2018
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information we collect directly from you: We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our websites; shop in our stores; call us on the phone; create an online account; sign up to receive our emails; communicate with us via third-party social media sites; request customer support; apply for a job; or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, zip or postal code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, product preferences, demographic information and any other information you choose to provide. In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically, or decide to purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contacts unless they separately opt in to receive communications from us.
Information about your use of our Services: We collect information about your use of our Services, such as the products you purchase or express interest in.
Information we collect automatically: We automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our Services, including:
- Log Information: We collect information about your use of our websites, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our websites.
- Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access our online Services, including the hardware model and operating system and version.
- Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
Information we collect from our partners and other sources: We may obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we collect information from the local postal services’ national change of address databases to verify and update mailing addresses. If you interact with us on social media, we will also collect information about those interactions.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, including to facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experiences;
- Deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to manage these communications, please see Your Choices);
- Manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect our and others’ rights and properties;
- Carry out any other purpose readily apparent to you or described to you at the time the information is collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share information about you as follows:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With our business partners and other third parties for purposes of sending their own direct mail, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by logging into your online account and changing your preferences or by contacting us;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- By publicly posting, at our discretion, your product review or other user content if you provide one; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on other websites or platforms. For more information about Interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit here and here. European users may opt of receiving targeted advertising by visiting the site found here.
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired.
We do not, in providing the Services, knowingly collect personal information from children. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal data to us via the Services, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Managing or deleting your online Hamilton Shirts account: You may update, correct or delete your online account information at any time contacting us as indicated in the Contact Us section below. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), please see the section on “Customers Who Are Residents of the European Economic Area” below. Note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Opting out of promotional communications: You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by doing the following:
- To opt out of direct mail (such as catalogs and postcards), please contact us at [email protected] or by phone at 713.264.8800.
- To opt out of promotional emails and text messages: Follow the instructions provided in those communications or contact us at [email protected]
Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Exercising your rights: You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected or erased and to port your data. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing or to withdraw consent you have previously provided. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us at [email protected]. If you have a Hamilton Shirts account, you may also review, update and delete certain personal data or adjust your marketing preferences by contacting us at [email protected] or by phone at 713.264.8800
Questions or complaints: If you have a concern about our processing of your personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside.
Customers who are California residents (California privacy rights): California law permits residents of California to request notice of how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the contact address in “Contact Us” section below.
Effective: May 25, 2018
What Are Cookies?
- Cookies are small data files stored on your browser or device. They may be served by the entity that operates the website you are visiting (“first-party cookies”) or by other companies (“third-party cookies”). For example, we partner with third-party analytics providers, like Google, that set cookies when you visit our websites. This helps us understand how you are using our services so that we can improve them.
- Pixels are small images on a web page or in an email. Pixels collect information about your browser or device and can set cookies.
- Local storage allows data to be stored locally on your browser or device and includes HTML5 local storage and browser cache.
Below you’ll find a list of Cookie categories and why we use them:
- Technical: These cookies are essential for our services to function properly. Like the other cookies we use, technical cookies may be either first-party cookies or third-party cookies.
- Preferences: We use these cookies to remember your settings and preferences. For example, we may use these cookies to remember your language preferences.
- Security: We use these cookies to help identify and prevent security risks.
- Performance: We use these cookies to collect information about how you interact with our services and to help us improve them. For example, we may use these cookies to determine if you have interacted with a certain page.
- Analytics: We use these cookies to help us understand and improve our services. For example, we can use these cookies to learn more about which features are the most popular with our users and where we may need to make improvements.
- Advertising: We and our advertising partners use these cookies to deliver advertisements, make the ads more relevant and meaningful to visitors to our website and track the efficiency of our advertising campaigns, both on our services and on other websites.
- Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do so, some features of this site might not work as intended.
- Although most browsers and devices accept cookies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear or decline cookies.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- For information on how our advertising partners allow you to opt out of receiving ads based on your web browsing history, please visit the website here. European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising through the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
- To opt out of ads on Facebook, Pinterest or Google that are targeted to your interests, use your Facebook, Pinterest or Google Ads settings.